It’s what we do… and how we do it.
Our process isn’t unique, but how we execute it is. As CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals, we believe there are several steps that are necessary to effectively create and implement all financial plans, which is best described by the CFP Board themselves.
It’s important to note that while these steps serve as a framework for planning engagements, our secret sauce is how we work alongside you. Our job is to protect you from potential financial blind spots, guide you through life’s most challenging transitions and maximize the potential that you reach your goals.
We understand it takes time to earn your trust, something that isn’t accomplished through the sale of a product or service. By delivering on the following promises at every stage of the process, we strive to demonstrate our commitment to our advisory relationships:
- Honesty: We’ll tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.
- Accountability: A plan is just words on a paper without action. We will work collaboratively with you and your team of professionals to ensure that you follow through on our recommendations and minimize the probability of something falling through the cracks.
- Proactivity: Your plan is subject to internal and external forces, many of which are out of your control. We are here to anticipate change, update you regularly and, most importantly, take action to keep you on track.
- Education: We educate you on all your options so that you can have the confidence you are making informed financial decisions.
- Organization: Planning often involves ‘housecleaning’ to consolidate and simplify the financial administration in your life. We’ll hold your hand throughout the process and help you avoid any unintended consequences along the way.
- Availability: Our schedules are structured to ensure that we always have time to address time sensitive or pressing issues. We’ve learned to expect the unexpected and will answer the call when you need us most.
- Objectivity: You’ve inevitably had the thought ‘Am I crazy if I…?’ Maybe you are thinking of retiring early, buying a vacation home, helping a child, or making a large donation. No matter the thought, we’re here to serve as your sounding board and guide you through even the most bizarre scenarios you can cook up in your head.
I’m interested… how long does this process take?
The textbook answer is that the planning process never ends. To get up to speed and complete your initial financial plan, we generally meet with you 4-6 times over a period of 1-2 months.